Monday, August 22, 2005

It's Monday morning and I'm tired...

Tired of going out Friday night and meeting weirdoes...
Tired of going out on Saturday night and meeting more weirdoes...
Tired of going out with new "friends" and/or potentials, only to find out that they're weirdoes, too...
Tired from rising at the crack of dawn on Saturday b/c my body just cannot believe it's not Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday...
Tired of going to the gym early Saturday morning dead-to-the-world tired b/c I stayed out late the night before (and more than likely had marginal fun)...tired.
Tired of racing through my routine, only to next race to the assembly line sweat shop that doubles as my hair salon (truly an NYC phenomenon), hoping to get on with my day within 2 hours....
Tired of hurrying up to wait - 30 minutes, mind you - for a new do that will inevitably reverse itself during a not-so-fun time out with a group of yet-to-be-discovered-weirdoes later that night...
Tired of eyebrow raising, seething and "um, no she was not here before me"-ing through (now!) 2.5 hours in the salon...
Tired of arguing with Yanet (though I love her to death) that just b/c client #1 sat at the wash bowl 1.5 minutes before me, doesn't mean she should get blown out before I do - especially since I finished the dryer nearly 15 minutes before said chick...
Tired of receiving major 'tude from the nail shop owner b/c I refuse to sit with nine of of the 10 nail techs (it's not my problem that they cannot file a straight line)...
(Literally) tired as the vanity-spawned famine sinks in thanks to nearly 7 hours without food consumption...
Tired of realizing that it’s almost time to leave for a night out, and I haven't done a thing to the apartment since last Saturday, tired...
Tired of getting hyped to go out...blah, blah, blah...too tired to mention it again...
Sunday = Tired (I think the Lord was definitely on to something when He proclaimed it the official day of rest...He really does know us better than ourselves;-)...
Tired of going to bed late and mildly prepared for work because I didn't handle all my business before 10p…
Tired of setting the alarm 15 minutes earlier than usual – in a poor attempt to reclaim the 30 minutes stolen by Entourage – only to rise 15 minutes later than usual. So tired.
Tired from speed showering, mediocre Monday ensembles and daredevil cosmetic applications on the 2 train b/c I didn’t have enough time to do better, or sooner…
Tired of competing against rude men (mainly the young ones in suits, you know, the one you who caught your eye on Saturday night) who pummel, knock about and
nearly kill women for the just-became-available piece of a seat in the corner…
Tired of fighting my way onto and off a train full of more potential weirdoes (doesn’t matter that they’re in suits), just to nearly escape irreversible damage to each booby – one takes a hit on the way on, while the other takes one for the team on the way off…

Tired of coming off the weekend tired, only to begin the workweek tired and do it all again come Friday…

So. Very. Tired.

R.

3 comments:

Tatie said...

YOu do know that everyone will agree with me that this post is perfect for a Monday morning. The weekend is never long enough, every Monday that is the same response..basically lets just agree that we are tired of being tired and theres just nothing we can do about it. See how Tuesday turns out...

strangee69 said...

Christ child, you need to stop spending so much energy doing nothing! I personally do not feel that having hair and nails done on weekend is a good idea. Lunch it at the desk and do the mani/pedi on Thursday and pop in after work on Friday to get the hair did. And excercising on the weekend is a sin of infinite proportions. Sleep in, have brunch and stroll through a flea market/farmer's market/bookstore. On Sunday spend a couple hours keeping house. That way you rest up on Sunday evening and although Mondays are in of themselves tiring at least you'll be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! film editing schools