Thursday, September 29, 2005

MOVE, Kid, GET OUT THE WAY....


I think I was channeling a little Luda this morning during my subway rush hour commute to work. The 2/3 line is never usually packed liked the East side trains, yet over the past few days, more people have been jamming into the cars and the adults (both big and small) have been pushing it.

No, I didn't knock anyone's child out of the way, nor did I purposedly throw any 'bows, though I have been known to toss a couple of retalitory jabs when injured. However, a little girl of 7 or 8 (ok, really about 4 or 5) years old was occupying more than her allotment of seat and honey needed to raise up.

Donning pigtails and pink pants, she lay there stretched across her mom's lap. For the record: 1) she was not asleep; 2) her legs were stretched across the last empty chair, and 3) she did not appear to have any mental abnormalities, as neither did her mother. Therefore, somebody should have known better.

All the other adults didn't bother the child, but this big kid said 'excuse me' and waited for my chair. Was I wrong? Perhaps. Did my mom teach me better? Of course. But was I comfy? Damn straight. After all, this is New York and I am an only child. She had a sibling, so she should have been used to sharing.

R.

4 comments:

tatzalotz said...

you did right!

Anonymous said...

you head girl, go head git down

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how my neighbour could save a fortune on her credit cards. Now I too have the secret.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice stuff. I found a cool news widget for our blogs at www.widgetmate.com. Now I can show the latest news on my blog. Worked like a breeze.