Monday, October 24, 2005

Monday morning's rush hour find...

Judging by this book's cover (and the buzz cut on the babe reading it), I first thought I had stumbled across a new sub-genre of street lit for the urban lesbian. Yet, upon closer examination, I realized that this passenger's morning read represented a popular prose choice for many of my fellow rush hour commuters.

I too like to read during my trip to work and oft times find that the more interesting & exciting the material, the better my morning mood. Above all else, I also like to enforce my individual tastes, style and preferences with most opportunities and would never shoot for the cookie cutter, uber-Buppie thing outside of the workplace, unless it was among the colors I wanted to wear for that day. However, I also like my paycheck and would die (perhaps of hunger induced by a lack of funds?) if my colleagues from the stodgy investment bank spotted me deboarding the #1 with a soft cover, lusty entitled Urban Tails from the Block (you read it here first!!!).

While I may gawk at some of my fellow black professional women's reading choices, it would be wrong of me to diss another writer's work. So, with that said, I'll just let the cover speak for itself....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! video editing programs