Monday, October 31, 2005

Monday morning's rush hour read...

As this video jacket from a popular British flick reads, perhaps I need to assume the position... That is, start flexing my 'secretary' card when flirting for the future, b.k.a. trying to meet Mr. Right. Not that I mean to obsess on the M's of the 20-something set or anything (money, marriage, manicures, Manolo's), it's just that today's Monday Morning Rush Hour Read is entitled "What's a modern girl to do?" and happens to come compliments of NYT sex columnist writer Maureen Dowd.

The gist of her article (like some of her others from the past) centers on today's 20-somethings conscious decision to rely on 1950s tactics for pullin' a significant other. You know...being docile, nurturing, quiet, non threatening, pretty, sexy, inferior (?) and subordinate. Hmph, perhaps I really need to start flexing this "struggling to make it as a writer" secretary thing whenever I go out. Yet, while it seems like a good idea in theory, I just don't think that lowest rank in the office (well, as I interestingly learned during a workplace outing last week, the receptionist is supposedly the lowest on the office totem pole) thing would fly too well with brothers??? At least, not if you happen to be a sister...

R.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »