Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Why are we at work today?

I mean, really. You or I should not be subject to the excruciating slowness of working the day before a major holiday - especially Thanksgiving. If you think about it, Turkey Day should be treated with the utmost reverence since it's one of the few holidays that ALL Americans can celebrate without feeling a tad bit slighted. Okay, "all" Americans with the exception of the original ones, who probably still carry a little beef with all things Pilgrim.

Okay, but I digress. Getting back to the topic at hand, I should not feel too slighted by working today. For one, I do get out early and two, things could be much worst... I could be one of those people leaving work and heading directly to the airport, where they will inevitably be delayed for no less than three hours. I could be a Macy's, Bloomingdales or TJ Maxx manager already OD'ing on Valium and nicotine, in anticipation of the crazies who plan to get an early start throwing bows for X-boxes, teletype's and ho-Hilton dolls. Or, as I don't remind myself nearly enough: I could be unemployed.

So, folks, no matter how much we complain about life and our jobs (which seems to take up a huge portion of our lives), please remember to surely give thanks to God that you possess a job to annoy in the first place. While a pain in the arse, I'm sure the minor aggravations of work, helps us fight off many major aggravations that come with being unemployed.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

R.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »