Now, onto the $500 task! Define the word "paradigm" in complete, coherent English without first looking it up in the dictionary.
Truth of the matter is, I couldn't complete the damn thing myself.
Who deemed it necessary to create an entirely new language specifically coded for the work world? If my black girl conspiracy theorist were ever allowed to open her mouth, she'd bet cold hard cash that it was another move the by almighty man with a plan to keep back and stomp down the black man (and woman) from the motherland with a natural tan called melanin (pronounced 'nan')...
I know, I'm laughing right now, too, but the sh!t sounded good nonetheless.
Below is a list of the office buzzwords that I hate most with REAL definitions. Got any to share? If so, please do ('specially ya'll Cali folks...ya'll's non-office lingo is crazy enough as it is...)
1. "Sexy" - Adjective used to describe fluff and is generally used to hide an incredibly sorry, wacka$$ and lackluster idea.
2. "Bottom Line" - YOUR paycheck, which is directly influenced by the company's paycheck, so...
3. "Make It Happen" - A threat; nothing more, nothing less.
4. "Out of the Box" - A great-sounding, yet totally unusable, idea that helps all parties involved feel very highly creative and worthy of their titles, but will lead everyone back to the same damn fall-back methods...
5. "Tried and True" - Same damn, fall-back methods.
6. "Low-Hanging Fruit" - Loser-friendly accomplishments of those who rely on the same damn fall back methods.
7. "Download" - Codeword for "don't waste my damn time" meeting-of-sorts
8. "Spearhead" - Cuz "lead" is SO 1999!
9. "Peel the Onion" - Anyone?
10. "Open-Door Policy" - If it needs to be stated, then, Houston, we have a problem.