Thursday, February 07, 2008

The stuff that sick days are made of...

It's Day 11 on the temp job scene and things are actually...okay. The regular assistant to Boss Lady Wintour is back from vacation and (get this) at home sick. I'll refrain from being a "b" about it all, however, because homegirl actually does sound ill. I guess I would/could be a little woozy, too, if I had just returned from a third-world country where I had been parasailing, drinking, dancing, drinking some more, and doing whatever kind of things that aspiring entertainment industry assistants who live in artsy neighborhoods and graduated from private school do when on vacay and far from the throes of a demanding bosslady for the very first time.

All this is to say, Cocoa thinks honey dip's illness is Grade A. So, there! I am not ranting. Well…actually, let CG refrain: I was not going to rant UNTIL I logged onto honey's computer this morning to find this:

Subject (line): "If you are sick, please stay home."

Hi Minion: I just wanted to reinforce that you stay home if you're not 100 percent. I feel on the verge of getting sick and really want to avoid coming down with something." -- Boss Lady

Yes, Cocoa is pissed and really she feels the same way as you: this crap is SO UNFAIR! Do you know how long Cocoa has worked, slaved and photocopy-whored herself on the job to earn this kind of boss? The kind who commands "stay home; get better" and actually means it! No passive-aggressive, you-betta-produce-a-dislodged-cancerous-lung-before-you-leave-this-place, type who will poke voodoo doll replicas of you’re a$$ until you get back to work.

Oh well...I'm young and still running through bosses like Marion Jones dodging a charge. So, maybe next time.

Cocoa

No comments: